πŸ‘— Alterations Updates πŸ‘— · Uncategorized

Ask Kim: Is It Possible to Make a Lolita Dress Bigger?

Hi guys! So recently it has been brought to my attention that people are unsure if Truly Darling’s alterations include making dresses larger.

The short answer is: Yes, I can make dresses larger!

About 90% of my customers come to Truly Darling seeking bust and waist enlargement alterations. The other 10% come to me for repairs/making items smaller. I can also make skirts, and some one piece dresses larger as well. πŸ™‚

How large can you make a dress? Usually it depends on the cut of the dress, and how much skirt fabric is used, but usually up to 120cm in the bust or waist! This is especially true for any newer Angelic Pretty dresses. πŸ™‚

Is the altered part of the dress noticeable? I use the matching printed fabric (from wherever the customer allows) to ensure that they do not have noticeabley altered areas. For solid colored items, the fabric is as closely matched as possible, and the customer is always consulted with photos before any alteration is performed.

Below are some example photos of items that have been enlarged

The dress above has matching colored fabric put into the shirring panel area. They did not want the waist ties used for their dress enlargement.

15665971_1784807555101186_7997043601950854326_nThis customer wanted matching print fabric used for their Princess Cat alteration, so the waist ties were used.

This is Angelic Pretty’s Drained Cherry one piece with fabric added to the bust, waist, and sleeves.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s